Wednesday, September 10, 2008

the way i rhyme

and you say you love the way i rhyme
well where have you been all this time
why should i give you what you want
when i am still bleeding
what are you needing
why are you back now after all this time
what's in it for me?

and you bring the same praise and etiquette
another husband, but does he know yet
why should i believe this is not
one more set up to be shot
i gave it all i got
how much can we hope to forget
and why should we?

what good is trusting you now
it's hard to reach the middle of one's own back
the knife has been twisting for years
all the blood has thrown me off track
washed away in a river of tears
after all rain that has been falling
i may have to hide when i'm calling

married women are nothing but trouble
when you get too close
even worse when you turn around
and you've got ghosts

and you stroke my ego oh so well
well why should i believe you now
relegated to the trash for so long
what could be missing
from your life
that you'd bring me back
me and my knife
do you want my blessing
for your husband and wife
do you want forgiveness
do you want the knife
how much more of my life
do you want this time?
and all because you say you love
the way i rhyme --
what now, this time...
the way i rhyme.

3 comments:

candoor said...

of course you could focus on the hugs, the forgiveness, and the love - if you have really changed as much as you think you have :P

PeacefulChaos said...

the operative word would be "know" ... changed as much as I know I have ...
don't get me wrong the changes may be slight to you ... a tilt of what was already there ... but you know better than I do - it's all in the eyes and the mind's eye and how you "see" yourself and others and the world ...

candoor said...

i could have said but you did that already, so what's new? but then, the :P is suppose to mean take this nearly the opposite of what it literally says, right?... well, sometimes it is :)

and there i was suggesting many other more accepting, loving, forgiving, reassuring, and just as honest positive rhymes are out there inspired by your return (regardless of why)...

so not to suggest we ignore the crimes of passion and vicious memories, but just to say what you said in other ways in other entries, roll the dice and trust we can be honest and real this time without killing each other...

or something like that :)